- The abundant love of God poured out in Christ–and the power of his love to change our lives
- Christ’s Way of Love is the way I am called to live…and my love isn’t authentic until it’s poured out like his
- Jesus’s words especially, “Father, into your hands I commend my spirit” (and the entire Psalm 31 which he was quoting and is the responsorial psalm for Good Friday)
- Karl Rahner’s beautiful book, Watch and Pray with Me
- The “Face of Christ, Face of Man,” Stations of the Cross prayed on Good Friday with Pope Francis (written by H.E. Msgr. Giancarlo Maria Bregantini)
- The Divine Mercy Novena
Of course, I’m including you in my intentions during these holy days!
One final note, if you’re looking for a movie that can lead to meditation on the heavenly life we’re called to live in Christ, check out Heaven Is for Real, which opened this week. It’s doing pretty well at the box office so far, but it’d be great if it came out even stronger! My full review is in the previous post and it’s also up on our Pauline site. If you want to listen to a quick review, here’s my five-minute review on this weekend’s Salt + Light Radio Hour.