What are you doing for Advent?
As Advent begins, I just wanted to highlight a couple of more Advent resources that I think could help us live this beautiful season with more light:
Deepen your vocational discernment with Discern It!, a new, free app from the Daughters of Saint Paul to help those discerning their vocations.
This wonderful little app is a novena that provides the perfect atmosphere for deepening your vocational discernment, to understand how God is calling you to love. With Discern It! you will have the opportunity to:
◊ Do something daily to help you discover God’s plan for your life.
◊ Learn how to be more open to the gifts God wants to give you.
◊ Find out ways to move past the hurdles in discernment.
◊ Grow in your intimacy with God.
You can find out more about the app here, which also includes the links to download it for both iPhone and Android. The App is available free for the Year of Consecrated Life.
2. Father Barron is offering free Advent reflections. You can still sign up here.
3. Loyola offers an Arts & Faith commentary for each Sunday of Advent: The Sunday Scripture reading is paired with a painting or other art, and commentary provided.
4. For religious, the Pope’s Apostolic Letter for the Year of Consecrated Life offers much to reflect on and pray with!
5. Sr. Theresa Aletheia’s post, Five Ideas to Kickstart Your Advent has five helpful hints for anyone.
6. For families, here’s another interesting and helpful post, Ten Ways to Have a Holier Advent.
7. For movie loves and Tolkien fans, The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies, releasing December 17th, could offer some insight on our Advent journey. The book has my favorite Humble Hobbit Moment–and I’m betting the movie will do a great job with it.
And finally, if you are looking for Advent “starters” and Christmas gifts, our Pauline website is offering special discounts for Cyber Monday (including for my new book, Soul of Christ: Meditations on a Timeless Prayer). Check it out!