For those in California, especially in the Los Angeles area, the Pauline Center for Media Studies has a couple of excellent upcoming events.
Advanced Certificate in Media Literacy Course for 2016. For more information, and to register, visit: www.media.pauline.org/certificate
The National Film Retreat: Cinema and the 7 Qualities of Mercy. For the retreat flyer, click here (or on the image)
This retreat has some marvelous films–if you can go, I highly recommend it!
* * *
On Monday (July 11), I will begin my eight-day annual retreat, so I will not be blogging for two weeks. However, you will be “with me” on my retreat in a special way–in my prayers! If you send me your intentions, I will pray for them specifically and individually during the retreat.
* * *
No one has expressed interest in a free copy copy of my book, See Yourself Through God’s Eyes, available in Polish.
If you live in the USA, know someone who reads Polish who might be interested in my book, please contact me, and I’ll send you the book when I return from retreat. Here’s more about the book:
For when we struggle with doubts about
God’s love can transform our relationships with ourselves and others, helping us to grow
in healthy self-esteem!
God’s love for me has become the bedrock
of my identity, my spiritual life,
and a healthier self-esteem.
– Sr. Marie Paul Curley, author
Meditate on God’s Love
in 4 Easy Steps
- A story or example from ordinary life that challenges our sense of ourselves.
- A passage from the Scriptures in which God speaks heart to heart with us and sheds light on the situation, assumptions, or feelings that the previous story might raise in us. Reading and pondering this short line is the key to making the meditation.
- A reflection that allows the Scripture passage to challenge or speak directly to the false assumptions under which we tend to interpret our daily experience, so that we can grow in our trust in God’s love for us.
- A short prayer we can repeat often during the day to help us reconnect to God’s love and fidelity.