This is a wonderful day because I can finally share with you something that I’ve been looking forward to for a long time: a prayer resource specifically for those who evangelize and/or work in the media or the arts. Drawing abundantly from the prayerbook of the Pauline Family–which is a private edition, intended only for members of the Pauline Family–Live Christ! Give Christ! Prayers for the New Evangelization is an inspiring prayer book with wonderful prayers by Blessed James Alberione and others from our Pauline tradition, as well as from contemporary Paulines. The title captures our spirituality (inasmuch as any 4 words can capture a spirituality)–that our communicating Christ flows from our dynamic relationship with him. It’s a really moving collection of prayers that can inspire a deeper living in, through, for and with Christ, as well as a spirit of evangelization that encourages us to testify to Christ not just with our words and media work, but with our whole lives.
If you’ve been reading this blog, you know some of the characteristics of our Pauline prayer and life:
- Trinitarian (the Most Holy Trinity gives us the basis for our communication spirituality)
- ongoing conversion
- Jesus Way, Truth, and Life
- Marian (Mary, Queen of Apostles, consecration to Mary, etc.)
- St. Paul as mystic and apostle
- reading the signs of the times
- holistic (bring the whole person to the whole Christ)
- searching for the seeds of the Gospel in popular culture
- continual search for how to express the compelling beauty of the Gospel for people today
- praying for evangelizers, media professionals and artists
- praying for all those who use the media
- reparation for the abuse or misuse of the media
This prayer book includes prayers that focus on all of these aspects! I cannot wait to begin praying with it myself.
Although I was blessed to be a small part of this project–the editor included a number of prayers that I wrote and asked for my input on this manuscript when it was in development, I’m sharing my enthusiasm because of the wonderful prayers that are new to me, that all media professionals, artists, and Catholics involved in evangelization in any way will find helpful for their prayer and work. As soon as I received my copy, it traveled to our chapel with me, where I can personally pray with it. I was going to share a couple of favorite prayers with you, but as I flipped through the pages, I could not choose…they are each so beautiful.
For more information, the tip sheet is included below.